Dr. Andy Seraphin is a physical therapist, fitness coach, and soccer coach. His goal is to make soccer players stronger, faster, and as healthy as possible.
Dr. Andy Seraphin holds the following degrees and certifications:
- Duke University- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Temple University- BS Exercise Science
- US Soccer- Grassroots Coach
- NSCA- Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- United Soccer Coaches- Performance Coach
I was born and raised in North Jersey, where I played recreational soccer for my local town club. After high school, I moved to Philadelphia to attend Temple University. I majored in Exercise Science, and minored in Healthcare Management and Spanish. I graduated with honors, and completed a thesis on traumatic brain injuries (concussion) in soccer.
I completed my Doctor of Physical Therapy degree at Duke University. During my time at Duke, I have led multiple projects and student groups within sports medicine.
I have had the pleasure to obtain experience in many environments, including with North Carolina FC, El Paso Surf, and Duke Club Sports.
- 150+ hours of experience volunteering with athletic trainers for North Carolina FC Youth, home to 13,000+ soccer players
- Completed a 400 hour sports science internship at the world-renowned Athletic Lab in Cary, NC, where I observed and assisted in training of youth, collegiate, adult, and professional athletes
- Completed a 480 hour orthopedic physical therapy rotation at Excel Physical Therapy in Philadelphia, PA
- Completed a 480 hour sports physical therapy rotation at Evolution Sports Physiotherapy in Baltimore, MD
- Experience coaching youth, high school, and college athletes both in person and virtually both in person and online
- 8 years of experience as a licensed Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)